Digital Yacht HSC100 Compass Sensor
Accurate compass heading data remains a fundamental parameter for marine navigation and the HSC100 uses fluxgate technology to deliver heading data for on board systems. Typical applications include enabling course up and true motion type displays on chart plotters, radar overlay onto electronic charts and stabilisation of radars when used for MARPA/ARPA target tracking. Integrated instrument systems can also benefit from having compass information to calculate real time tidal set and drift when interfaced with a log and GPS.
Most low cost heading sensors only output data at 1Hz (once per second) but the HSC100 outputs at 10Hz which is required for MARPA target tracking and accurate radar overlays (Part # ZDIGHSC100).
For 2012, we have also released a new “Rate of Turn” version of the HSC100 that outputs the HDT and ROT messages required by a Class A transponder. For non-mandatory vessels, this provides a simple low cost solution for adding heading and rate of turn to Class A transponders (Part # ZDIGHSC100T)
The HSC100 is waterproof (to IPx7) so can be mounted externally on steel hulled vessels. It also features an automatic calibration routine to compensate for the effects of nearby magnetic influences. This involves turning the boat through 1.5 circles at a constant angular velocity whilst in calibration mode. Once completed, typical accuracies are within 0.5 degrees.
• High Speed (10hz) NMEA electronic fluxgate compass sensor
• Ideal for use with radar overlay and MARPA target tracking systems
• Industry standard NMEA 0183 “HDG” output
• Gimballed to 45º
• New “Rate of Turn” version of the HSC100 now released for Class A Transponders
• 12/24v DC operation with minimal power consumption
• Waterproof to IPx7 and suitable for external mounting on a steel hulled vessels
• Automatic calibration routine and manual compass offset feature
• Additional AD10 heading output for interface to Furuno systems
• LED Status Indicator
• 15m interconnect cable
15m Cable and manual
68mm x 30mm
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Register