You have no items in your shopping cart
A 170N Life Jacket featuring TeamO's patented BackTow technology. Available in three different colours and two different inflation systems. Read more..
An ISO12402-3 approved 170N life jacket packed with technology including an integrated Deck Safety Harness, Soft Loop Attachement point, Sprayhood, SOLAS approved water-activated life jacket light and a whistle.
Double adjusters on the back of the life jacket ensure a great fit, increasing comfort.
BACKTOW TECHNOLOGY -
TeamO's life jacket features the brands patented BackTow technology. BackTow functions in a man overboard situation, when the wearer is still tethered to the vessel. A conventional harness will tow the man overboard face down through the water. When the man overboard pulls the easily accessible BackTow handle, a release system deploys the back tow harness, turning the head away from oncoming water. A haylard or rope can then be attached to the tether to lift the man overboard to safety.
You can see a visual demonstration of this in the video below:
5 Facts about BackTow:
1. It works like any other normal premium life jacket, you clip on at the front and it functions like every other life jacket.
2. If you go overboard whilst tethered, the life jacket will automatically inflate and the BackTow handle will be available to pull. You must pull the BackTow handle for the technology to work.
3. Once the handle is pulled, it releases the clip-on-point from the front of the body over the shoulder, which then automatically rotates the wearer in the water.
4. The wearer is now face-up, significantly increasing chances of survival.
5. The BackTow is also an approved lifting point, making the recovery of the man overboard much easier, reducing the risk of injury in the process.